1. Let‘s start with the wedding of Kimye — Kim and Kanye had a 224 foot marble table put in place for guests to sit at so they could all see the skyline of Florence properly.
Just to put that into perspective, that‘s approximately 68 metres long, which is longer than an Olympic sized swimming pool.
2. Oh, and if that wasn‘t fancy enough, guests had their into marble place settings on the table.
3. The , and that didn‘t include the week that the couple spent in Paris with their guests before the big day.
4. David and Victoria Beckham in Ireland for their wedding day. Of course, you‘ll probably remember the two iconic thrones that the pair sat on during the wedding reception.
5. The couple also above the castle with the initials “V.B.D” because of course, why not!? And it matched their second wedding outfit, which is a bonus if you ask me.
6. When Beyoncé married Jay Z, she had 70,000 of her favourite flowers (white orchids) to decorate Jay‘s NYC penthouse, where the couple said “I do”.
Kevin Mazur / Getty Images
At least they saved money on the venue!
7. For her wedding to Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian, Serena Williams didn‘t spare any expense, especially when it came to her jewellery. In fact, Serena as she walked down the aisle!
8. And when she changed into her second dress of the night, Donatella Versace that it had taken 1,500 hours to make. In case you can‘t be bothered to do some quick maths, that‘s 62 and a half days. No big deal!
9. Time for a little throwback in the form of Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt, who spent an $100,000 on security to keep their big day away from prying eyes. This included “restricted airspace” which clearly didn‘t stop paps trying to sneak a pic anyway.
Dan Callister / Getty Images
10. They also on a firework display, which went off over the Pacific Ocean and lasted 13 whole minutes. It‘s safe to say they definitely got a bang for their buck.
Paul Harris / Getty Images
11. Back to Kim Kardashian! When she married Kris Humphries, Kim‘s engagement . It was so valuable, it had to be transported in a Brink security truck from NYC to LA.
Kevin Mazur / WireImage
12. And the on the couple‘s gift registry still cost $1,115 — it was a clock.
NBC / Getty Images
13. Madonna and Guy Ritchie were married in a castle, but for security and privacy reasons, it was that staff of the castle had to sign a four page non-disclosure agreement and some were apparently not allowed to leave the castle for the week running up to the big day.
Dave Hogan / Getty Images
14. On the first day that civil partnerships became legal in the UK, Elton John and David furnish . Except they didn‘t do it in front of a handful of people — they did it in front of 600 guests!
Odd Andersen / AFP / Getty Images
I don‘t think I even know 100 people I‘d like to invite to my wedding tbh.
15. But that paled in comparison to the wedding of David Gest and Liza Minnelli, whose guest list 850 people, and included Michael Jackson as best man and Elizabeth Taylor as maid of honour.
Ron Galella / WireImage
16. You want to talk about expensive weddings? Well how about Michael Jordan and Yvette Prieto‘s big day, which rang the cash register at a total of $10m.
Jeff Realty / Getty Images
The big day had enough security to arm a country, so here‘s a picture from above of like, a tent. But imagine the glamour inside!
17. But that‘s a drop in the bucket compared to the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, which a casual $34m.
Chris Jackson / Getty Images
18. The royal couple spared no expense in order to make their wedding a special day that they wouldn‘t forget in a hurry. Kate‘s dress was to cost $400,000, which is actually half of what the flower budget came to. Yep, that‘s $800,000 on flowers.
Wpa Pool / Getty Images
19. And Prince Harry and Meghan Markle continued the trend of expensive royal weddings. According to , their day exceeded that of Will and Kate, totalling $45.8m. However, a hefty $43m of that was spent on security for the big day.
Wpa Pool / Getty Images
20. But none of that budget went on Meghan‘s dress, which she paid for herself. The cost? .
WPA Pool / Getty Images
21. And finally, let‘s talk about Mariah Carey. Although her wedding to James Packer never actually took place, it was still expensive as hell. Proving revenge is actually best served piping hot, she was meant to wear for the big day, and did so in a music video that the whole word then saw.
I guess she must‘ve lost the receipt…